Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Tea with Mommy: Our Annual Mother's Day Tea

Our room was decked out today for our annual Mother's Day Tea. The tablecloths were draped over a makeshift buffet table and the children's table, flowers dotted the tables and juicy strawberries, savory whipped cream and iced green tea were given to our ladies of honor.

The children dined on tasty graham crackers and yummy apple juice as they proudly browsed their very own me books which they had created throughout the year with their moms.

Another keepsake designed to add to reminiscing down the road, was a hand print plate inscribed with Happy Mother's Day, the date, and their name.

I loved the spirit and energy that surrounded me after I finished serving the children their fare. As I gazed from the back of the room, I noticed the refreshing simplicity that a basic snack with mommy could bring.

 The true essence of the bond between mother and child, or in some cases grandma, could reveal. Those giggles, cuddles, squeals of delight, and smiles were truly intoxicating and effervescent. If I could have bottled the true meaning of childhood and saved it for centuries to come, I would have chosen this very moment in time.

All in all, the event went extremely smoothly. The children were giddy all day before their big gala with mommy. One little girl could not contain her glee with her repeated questioning: When is the Mother's Day Tea going to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment