Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Let's Lunch: A Beautiful Candlelit Teacher's Appreciation Day Luncheon

On this ravishing spring day in the middle of May, I celebrated my first Teacher's Appreciation Day luncheon with my fellow daycare colleagues.

I was set to enjoy the everyday sandwich and soup affair of a traditional teacher's thank you lunch, but to my udder surprise was met with a scrumptious spread of lemon chicken, grilled vegetables, delectable dinner rolls, sparkling lemonade and light, buttery and creamy cookies for dessert.

After we settled down to dine at our tea candle-lit table, we sipped our bubbly lemonade from crystal cut glassware, sliced our food with silver-plated silverware and ate off of delicate and sophisticated dishware of a quiet elegance.

As if the day could be any more perfect, we were met with heartfelt and moving gifts from members of our PEG group: a lovingly hand-stiched apron monogrammed with our initials and a sprialbound school cookbook which compiled recipes from our students and their families!


My Initial Apron 

















No comments:

Post a Comment