Saturday, May 24, 2014

I'm Glad I Was Your Teacher: A Good-bye Poem for the Apples of Your Eye!

The end of the school year is always a difficult time for most teachers. You have seen your students grow from sprouts to beautiful flowers full of knowledge and promise throughout the year.

 The preschoolers you had taught from the previous years are either being shuffled to "big kid kindergarten" or leaving your classroom for their next educational journey.

This year, I created a goody bag for my students which included a certificate that was quite a hoot, good job! sticker badge, a gold medal with the word "winner" emblazoned on its shiny surface, a sweet little pencil and a card with a very special poem tucked inside. 

During their final days, many of the students proudly showed off those "Winner" medals by wearing them as they paraded around the school. 

The following poem from A-Z Teacher Forum simply and cheerfully dictated the message I envisioned for the final journey of their 3-year-old preschool days: 

I'm Glad I Was Your Teacher

I'm glad I was your teacher
I've come to love you so. 
I can't believe the end is here. 
I hate to see you go.
Remember all the fun we had
in all the things we did, 
But most of all remember...
You're a very special kid! 


I hope all the children have a wonderful summer filled with sunshine and joy! I will miss your smiling faces and the winsome words you shared with me throughout the school year. 

Thank You! 




Check out my blog post for 2015 Graduation Day Goody Bags Here: http://glitterandgluesticksforever.blogspot.com/2015/05/oh-goody-teacher-goodie-bags-with.html.




No comments:

Post a Comment