Saturday, June 1, 2013

Pie in Your Eye: Pie Preschool Lesson Plan

Ooey, gooey, creamy and oh so sweet, pie is such a delectable bite to eat! Treat yourself to a light and fluffy lesson plan that will leave your students pleading for a second slice of pie-themed activities.

Perfect Pies Color Recognition and Identification File Folder Game (Source of game: Preschoolprintables.com)

Subject: Math: Identifying and recognizing colors and Matching

To Do: Place the Perfect Pies file folder game in the middle of the circle and hand out the pies with the color words printed on them to the students. Each student takes a turn naming (identifying) their pie color) and place on the correct pie on the file folder.

Read before the activity: Pie in the Sky by Lois Ehlert

Photo Source: Barnesandnoble.com





Extension Activities: Read Apple Pie ABC by Alison Murray or sing the following songs I wrote to coincide with this scrumptious pie-themed lesson.

Source of Photo: Barnesandnoble.com
Pie Songs

"I Wish I Were an Apple Pie"
Tune: "If You're Happy and You Know It"

Oh I wish I were an apple pie
Oh I wish I were an apple pie
I'd be so sugary and sweet
and such a delight to eat
Oh I wish I were an apple pie.

"I Want to Eat Pie Today"
Tune: "Mary Had a Little Lamb"

I want to eat pie today,
pie today, pie today,
I want to eat pie today,
So let's bake it up right away!

Pie
Tune: "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"

Pie, pie, pie
so gooey and soft,
whipped cream on or whipped cream off
fruit pie, cream pie
any will do
they taste yummy the whole year through
pie, pie, pie
such a tasty treat
for my tummy any day of the week!


So there you have it, easy as pie!


(Note: If you would like to use this blog post or these songs on your blog, please give my blog a written credit and provide a link to it within your post).  Thank you! 





No comments:

Post a Comment