Saturday, September 22, 2018

What a Hoot!: Owl Unit for Toddlers, Preschoolers, and Kindergartners! Plus Some Owl Facts Too!


Do you give a hoot about owls? I certainly do! Owls are amazing birds whose nocturnal nature has intrigued people since the beginning of time. From their large, luminous eyes to their sharp, curved beaks, their aura of mystery and beauty have made them a whimsical and special creature to many. 

I myself have a Pinterest board dedicated to owls and collect anything owl related. From stuffed animals to an owl purse (I have it). One of my favorite items is this Lucite, owl pen holder that I keep on my computer desk. Isn't he adorable? 




That's enough about my owl obsession, let's get to some fun fact about these fantastic flyers. 😀

  • Owls eyes cannot move. They have binocular-like vision. 
  • An owl's ears are unevenly placed on both sides of their heads. This allows them to hear sounds from many directions. 
  • Some owls dine on other owls (such as the Great Horned Owl). 
  • A parliament is what you call a bunch of owls. 
  • An owl can turn it's head 270 degrees. 


If you would like your little ones to learn more about owls, why not take a look at my owl unit for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners?

The Owl Unit for Toddlers, Preschoolers, and Kindergartners includes cute and simple learning activities that can be performed by these ages.

Included in this unit: 

This unit includes:
8 Rhyming Owl Pairs Cards
Owl Symmetry Puzzles
Part of an Owl
How Many Owls Are There? Counting Worksheet
Is It a Sentence? Worksheet
Owl Word Search
Small, Medium and Large Owls Sorting Owls
Tree Owls Sizing Sorting Mats
All Answer Keys Included!


Click on the link below the cover to view the unit! 


Owls Unit


I promise your students and children will have a hoot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment